Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reel Deal

A couple of months ago I purchased my favorite quilting magazine. It was the April 2012 issue. Inside, (hold my breath), it was my favorite Jo Morton. The pattern was Reel Deal and I fell in love with it. So, straight to my Jo morton stash, order a bit of fabric on line and began. This is what I have so far, up on my design wall. Of course I will be rearranging the applique blocks after I'm finished with them, until I see what I like.

This applique is different for me since it is what they call back basting. The thing that I love about this method is that it ends up in the perfect position. I just noticed from the photo that the setting squares are directional, so I will have remember to adjust them when I begin piecing. That's why taking photo's of your quilts will show you more than what your eyes are seeing.


This is a photo of the completed quilt. That's a lot of flying geese,but I know it will be fun with my wing clipper ruler by Deb Tucker. I'm also using light tracer 2 lightbox, that my sweet husband gave to me for my birthday. I have it sitting at my applique station all the time, but I've been thinking maybe making a cover for it like I did with my sewing machine. Don't want it to get dusty.lol. 

Back to more applique. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: