Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Busy Time in Quilting Nest

It's been awhile but I got a lot done. This quilt banner was the first thing I finished.


















It's my winter banner for my kitchen. The above photo was taken on my design wall before I hung it up. This past winter wasn't really winter blessings. It was the winter that wouldn't stop giving,(much as I prayed that it would stop). It's now down and our spring banner is hanging up. So ready for spring!

The next quilt I finished was one that I've been working on and collecting fabric for the last two years. I'm so happy its finished and hanging in my quilting nest. This one is a pattern by Kim Diehl (Bittersweet Briar). Also this week, The Quilt Show on the internet with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson have their latest show with guest Kim Diehl. Great show. Keep up the great work Alex and Ricky. You can find their site at http://www.thequiltshow.com/  The price for a year of wonderful talent is well worth it. They are always teaching me new things.











My current project is a summer banner for our kitchen. I noticed on the cover of  the spring 2014 issue of Quilts and More, that there was a sweet door decoration of a watering can and flowers. Right away I thought of using this idea for my next banner. I'm still playing with it, but this is it so far.





































That's it for now. I' m hoping soon it will be time for hubby and I to move the chairs back outside and enjoy the backyard and watch our spring flowers start to bloom. I can't wait!
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.

No comments: